Monday, December 21, 2009

All I've ever wanted


It took loads of classes, thousands in loans, numerous degrees, hundreds of voice teachers, countless auditions and too many addresses and tears to count... to teach me that the only job I truly desire is wife and god willing, mother. Sometimes pursuing the one thing you want most in life can leave you with not much of a life at all. With talent comes doubt. With doubt comes guilt. With guilt comes regret. Guilt from wasting your talent, guilt from keeping it all to yourself. Deciding what you want to do for the rest of your life at age 17 is just not a good idea. Finding myself, finding love and getting married had nothing to do with talent. I love this chapter . The chapter where I sing to my husband and sing to my babies. All the practicing and money in the world is worth singing with a legit smile!

4 comments:

  1. you are a remarkable woman rebekah. i look forward to reading future 'blogs' and hopefully a few recipes now and again. continued peace and happiness during the holidays. and girl...keep singing always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!!!! you made me CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    merry christmas.
    i really hope you and gino will be parents. you will make such a wonderful mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps check out my blog and add it to those you check :)
    www.ferlandfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bekah, it's Megan. Great post, and you're absolutely right! Being a wife and mommy is the best thing in the world- the other stuff is just perks. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete